Are you buying your first home? The WA State Government is here to assist you with the purchase of your first home through the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG). The FHOG is a one-off payment of $10,000 to assist first home buyers to buy or build a residential property for use as their principal place of residence.
What does this mean for you? If you are looking to purchase your first home, you can use the FHOG to assist you with the purchase of our properties for sale at “82 on Arkwell” in Willagee. If you add that to the other government grants and developer discounts available, there’s a potential to save up to $50k if you buy before construction is complete and settle by 1 October 2020.
Here’s a few more details about the grant:
- If you are a first home buyer, you may qualify for the grant if you are purchasing or building a new home.
- Only one grant is payable per eligible transaction, so two people purchasing a house together may only receive one grant.
- You must be 18 years or over at the time of making application. If you’re under 18, you may be able to apply for an exemption from the age requirement.
- At least one applicant must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident at the time of making application.
- You must occupy the home as your principal place of residence for a continuous period of at least six months commencing within 12 months of settlement if purchasing a home, or within 12 months from the date of completion if building a home.
- Please see this link for more details https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-finance/fhog
If you would like any further assistance in regard to the $20k Government Building Bonus, please let us know and we will put you in touch with one of our mortgage broker partners.